Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme in the shade Covet Review

By Dyni Mela Zingiberni - 3:59 PM


Assalamualaykum~

In this post, I choose to review another liquid lipstick that I love and been using for months already. It's from Milani, their Amore Matte Lip Creme in the shade Covet no 19. Since my discovery of my fondness towards make up, I've always wanted to try deep brown lipstick and dark one and finally after considering many things I chose this brand because I watched many beauty gurus in Youtube loved products from Milani. Their baked blush (Luminoso), is amazing and I heard their foundation and their latest eye shadow palettes are also worth the money so I really didn't have any doubt when purchasing this liquid lipstick. Milani is drugstore products however because I'm not living in US, the tax and shipping does make every product from US much pricier than they're originally sold in their origin country. It costed me around Rp 130.000 which is around $9.60 but it was way more expensive than drugstore makeup price range for lipstick in my country. 


The packaging itself is a little different with many liquid lipstick products I have; the tube is rectangular with gold cap. The letters printed on the tube is gold; matches really well with the cap. The product is weighted around 6 g with expired details in the tube, however I didn't find anything listing the ingredients of the liquid lipstick but rarely happens in my life, I was not lazy and actually did some research to give information about the ingredients. So, here it goes the Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme ingredients copied from their website:

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Flavor (Aroma), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate. +/- May Contain: , Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 6 Lake (CI 15859), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 (CI 45410), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

I don't know about you, but every time I purchase a cosmetic product I always check whether it's included paraben although it doesn't really bother me if it has. So let's move to the description in their website, these are what they claim : This revolutionary, highly saturated liquid-to-matte formula dries to a soft, velvety finish for fuller-looking lips. Its double-sided, flexible plush applicator hugs the contours of lips, working to lock in bold, opaque color. Non-sticky, smooth and ready for all-night wear (up to 16 hours!) our Amore Matte Lip Crème is the ultimate transfer resistant kiss-me-matte. 


  
The formula for this lip creme is pure liquid but not as watery as Soft Matte Lip Cream by NYX, it has a really strong vanilla cupcake fragrant that I didn't find disturbing; I actually kind of liked it when the first time opening this. It sets to dead matte, like seriously really matte you can't see any light shine at all, hence their claim. This liquid lipstick needs a minute to completely set and I think that's perfectly fine, it doesn't feel tacky at all or drying though I could say you would know you're wearing lipstick when you're using this Milani Lip Creme. 

Pigmentation of this product is to die for, for a medium pair of lips like mine, you won't need a second application as the first one slides smoothly and cover your lip perfectly. I also find their applicator really suitable for a liquid lipstick; it's not too soft and firm enough to hold and not going to make some bleeding like I usually find with other applicator from different brand. 



Brown lipstick reminds me of fall season makeup, and this shade is suitable for vampy look as it's deep and dark with a cool tone in it. I think cool lipstick colors don't really suit me because this brown makes my face looks pale for some reason but other than that, this product is amazing. It feels like I'm wearing a high-end brand because it's so comfortable and long-lasting. This lipstick lasts though the day, I wore this to the office once and ate many kinds of food and it stays with only a little fading in the middle lips close to my mouth.

Freshly applied

After a minute or so
Overall thought, I think Milani has a great formula for liquid lipstick and this product is worth your money. I recommend this for you who want to try liquid lipstick that would last long on your lips, a various range of color with good quality without spending like a million for a single liquid lipstick. It's fun to try colors like Brown, Deep purple for your lip and I suggest you to try even though it's a little out of your zone. I just love experimenting with my make-up but in the end of day I would stick with my safe red lipstick.



I used Covet today and this is what it looks like after lunch, I had fish and rice and also meatball soup and the fish was quite oily. 



😚😚😚 What I like about this:
1. Affordable with good quality
2. Really comfortable with good pigmentation, opaque yet so smooth
3. Long last
4. Smell really good
5. Easy application

😐😐😐 What I dislike about this:
Well, I have to say none for now, it's just my bad choosing the wrong shade of brown for my skin tone or it's just me not able to full off such a gorgeous brown color on my lips. God, so envy with those girls who are so freaking beautiful with dark brown and black lipstick 😄

Share your experience with this Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme as well so I'd know your opinion about this product~ 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments